* We are constantly looking for, and working with, ideas and visions to be able to show how the future can be.
* Find or describe your ideas and visions that solve and minimize various threats that exist in our world.
* Choose which one you think shows how it should be when everything works.
Articles and links
- “The Nature Conservancy is the leading conservation organization working around the world to protect ecologically important lands and waters for ...Project Drawdown a world-class research organization that reviews, analyses, and identifies the most viable global climate solutions, and shares these ...We are standing up to the fossil fuel industry to stop all new coal, oil and gas projects and build ...
Vision Activities (latest)
- DisagreeUsefulVision okayVery Good Vision3.9/427 ratings All contest contributions to the New Shape Prize, Global Challenges Foundation, should be displayed on ...DisagreeUsefulVision okayVery Good Vision3.3/43 ratings Some communities are unfavorable to live in, due to high crime rate, violence, coldness, they ...In many places around the world, one can choose leaders for different positions, and when there are opportunities, we choose ...
Comments and replies
Sustainably manage forests, combat desertification, halt and reverse land degradation, halt biodiversity loss
United Nations Goal no. 15 of the Sustainable Development Goals.
Forests cover 30.7 per cent of the Earth’s surface and, in addition to providing food security and shelter, they are key to combating climate change, protecting biodiversity and the homes of the indigenous population. By protecting forests, we will also be able to strengthen natural resource management and increase land productivity.
At the current time, thirteen million hectares of forests are being lost every year while the persistent degradation of drylands has led to the desertification of 3.6 billion hectares. Even though up to 15% of land is currently under protection, biodiversity is still at risk. Deforestation and desertification – caused by human activities and climate change – pose major challenges to sustainable development and have affected the lives and livelihoods of millions of people in the fight against poverty.
Efforts are being made to manage forests and combat desertification. There are two international agreements being implemented currently that promote the use of resources in an equitable way. Financial investments in support of biodiversity are also being provided.
Read more on UN; http://www.un.org/sustainabledevelopment/biodiversity/