* We are constantly looking for, and working with, ideas and visions to be able to show how the future can be.
* Find or describe your ideas and visions that solve and minimize various threats that exist in our world.
* Choose which one you think shows how it should be when everything works.
Articles and links
- “The Nature Conservancy is the leading conservation organization working around the world to protect ecologically important lands and waters for ...Project Drawdown a world-class research organization that reviews, analyses, and identifies the most viable global climate solutions, and shares these ...We are standing up to the fossil fuel industry to stop all new coal, oil and gas projects and build ...
Vision Activities (latest)
- DisagreeUsefulVision okayVery Good Vision3.9/427 ratings All contest contributions to the New Shape Prize, Global Challenges Foundation, should be displayed on ...DisagreeUsefulVision okayVery Good Vision3.3/43 ratings Some communities are unfavorable to live in, due to high crime rate, violence, coldness, they ...In many places around the world, one can choose leaders for different positions, and when there are opportunities, we choose ...
Comments and replies
Achieve gender equality and empower all women and girls
United Nations Goal no. 5 of the Sustainable Development Goals.
While the world has achieved progress towards gender equality and women’s empowerment under the Millennium Development Goals (including equal access to primary education between girls and boys), women and girls continue to suffer discrimination and violence in every part of the world.
Gender equality is not only a fundamental human right, but a necessary foundation for a peaceful, prosperous and sustainable world. Unfortunately, at the current time, 1 in 5 women and girls between the ages of 15-49 have reported experiencing physical or sexual violence by an intimate partner within a 12-month period and 49 countries currently have no laws protecting women from domestic violence. Progress is occurring regarding harmful practices such as child marriage and FGM (Female Genital Mutilation), which has declined by 30% in the past decade, but there is still much work to be done to complete eliminate such practices.
Providing women and girls with equal access to education, health care, decent work, and representation in political and economic decision-making processes will fuel sustainable economies and benefit societies and humanity at large. Implementing new legal frameworks regarding female equality in the workplace and the eradication of harmful practices targeted at women is crucial to ending the gender-based discrimination prevalent in many countries around the world.