* We are constantly looking for, and working with, ideas and visions to be able to show how the future can be.
* Find or describe your ideas and visions that solve and minimize various threats that exist in our world.
* Choose which one you think shows how it should be when everything works.
Articles and links
Vision Activities (latest)
Evaluations results (Top 3)
Comments and replies
A basic income is a periodic cash payment that is provisionally delivered to all individuals, without any other requirements than that the income recipient has reached an adult age.
Basic income levels should be such that all adult individuals can access basic needs.
That is, basic income has the following five characeristics:
- Periodic: it is paid at regular intervals (for example every month), not as a one-off grant.
- Cash payment: it is paid in an appropriate medium of exchange, allowing those who receive it to decide what they spend it on. It is not, therefore, paid either in kind (such as food or services) or in vouchers dedicated to a specific use.
- Individual: it is paid on an individual basis—and not, for instance, to households.
- Universal: it is paid to all, without means test.
- Unconditional: it is paid without a requirement to work or to demonstrate willingness-to-work.
More can be read on BIEN Basic Income Earth Network
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating 4.4 / 5. Vote count: 10
No votes so far! Be the first to rate this post.